Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
#12926435 Dec 17, 2016 at 02:37 AM
4 Posts
Downloaded and installed the launcher and the TRE files, and followed the install instructions. The launcher says it's updated and "Client ready to play", but when I click launch nothing happens. I get an .mdmp file and a txt doc in my game folder that reads the following:

automated crash dump from RogueOne.exe stage.119798


RogueOne.exe: stage.119798
unknown location : FATAL 4d962776: appearance/defaultappearance.apt could not be found. Are your paths set up correctly?


Ram: 2047mb
Os1: 6.2.9200
Os2: Unknown
NumProc: 4
GameFeatureBits: 1111111111111111
SubscriptionFeatureBits: 1


I have 63 TRE files in the folder, and everything else appears to be in order. I can run the regular SWGEMU version of the game without any issues, so I'm at a lost as to what is going on here. Wondering if I could get some help locating the problem and/or missing files. I expect it's something stupidly simple that I'm just overlooking.

Thanks in advance for any help. Looking forward to trying out your wonderful version of the game!


+0
#12927971 Dec 17, 2016 at 03:53 PM
512 Posts
check the chat feature on the website (top right) I can help you
+0
#12928278 Dec 17, 2016 at 10:46 PM
4 Posts
#12927971 Savage - DEV wrote:

check the chat feature on the website (top right) I can help you



Hey Savage,
Sorry I missed you. Left the website open while I went out and saw "Rogue One" for the second time. :D

Still having the same issue, even though I've reinstalled about a half dozen times. Hopefully I can catch up with you or someone else tomorrow.

Thanks for the effort.
+0
#12935223 Dec 20, 2016 at 07:12 PM
4 Posts
Eureka!

I figured out the issue and got the game working. See ya around the galaxy!
+0
#12935573 Dec 20, 2016 at 08:35 PM
512 Posts
What was your issue?
+0
#12937667 Dec 21, 2016 at 07:51 PM
4 Posts
In short, I'm dumb.

When I first set up my install I set it to put everything in a sub-folder on another mod that I had deleted everything from - so it just had the Rogue One stuff in it. I didn't think it would be a problem, but it was.

Anyhow, every re-install wasn't giving me an option to assign the folder, and was just dumping it back into that sub-folder. I thought it was an issue with the .TRE files installing weird, but it really just took me dragging everything out of that sub-folder and into the main one to get it to work.

Like I said. I'm dumb. If I'd realized what it was doing, I'd have done that straight away and saved me a bit of time with troubleshooting it and a couple of reinstall attempts.

But it's straightened out now. Game looks great, and there's a ton of options you guys have going on here that I can't wait to dig into. Particularly looking forward to trying out some of the new professions.

Thanks for checking back.
+1
#13255156 May 19, 2017 at 06:05 PM
5 Posts
I am having a similar problem with the same rogueone.exe-stage files error
+0
#13255365 May 19, 2017 at 09:16 PM
5 Posts
The short answer is you can not put the RogueOne installer in a sub directory. I ended up reinstalling both SWG and RogueONe
+1
Page 1